Why Just Nice Clean Cars?✔ Warwick’s Leading Independent Garage for Car Servicing, Car Repairs and MOT Testing✔ Excellent customer reviews✔ Expert Auto Technicians✔ Affordable Prices✔ Friendly and Professional✔ Warwick’s Local Trusted Garage
Replacement Number Plates
Need some Replacement Number Plates?
If either of your number plates on your car, caravan or motorhome is cracked, broken, faded or has marks obscuring the letters and numbers, then they’re illegal and need to be replaced. Luckily we can make you some shiny new or replacement registration plates for your car while you wait. If you’re towing or using a rear-mount cycle carrier, we can make you an extra set of car number plates at the same time.
We supply the new standard oblong number plates.
We are registered with the DVLA as a supplier of legal UK number plates, which means that all of our new and replacement number plates are completely road legal. Standard number plate prices start from just £10 each and only £17.99 for a pair, so if you’re looking for cheap number plates, you’ve come to the right place!
What documents do I need to for Replacement Number Plates?
To get your number plates made you’ll need to bring the right documents with you. UK law states that you must provide current proof of identity as well as proof of entitlement to the registration mark quoted in order to get replacement number plates.
NO DOCUMENTS = NO NUMBER PLATES, IT’S THE LAW.
If you order your number plates online, they can’t be made until we have verified your documents instore.
At least one original document from each of the lists below is required for us to supply you with a legal number plate – you need to bring one document from List 1 ‘proof of identity’, and one document from List 2 ‘proof of entitlement’. These are required by the DVLA to prove that you are allowed to display the plate.
Together, the two documents must let us check your name, address and vehicle entitlement.
We only accept the following documents:
Proof of Identity:
- Driving licence
- Bank/Building Society statement issued within the last six months
- Current utility, telephone or Council Tax bill issued within the last six months
- National ID card issued by the Government of a state of territory other than the UK
- Debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society
- Police warrant card
- Armed Forces identity card
Remember – whichever Proof of Identity document you bring needs to show your name and address!
Proof of Entitlement:
- A Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) (Please be aware only the new red V5C Certificates are accepted, and not the old blue V5 Certificates)
- The tear-off slip (V5C/2) from (V5C section 10)
- A Certificate of entitlement to a mark (V750)
- A Cherished Transfer Retention Certificate (V778)
- A Vehicle Licence Renewal (V11)
- A Temporary Registration Certificate (V379)
- An Authorisation Certificate (V948) from DVLA Local Office with official DVLA stamp, or a downloaded hard copy of the eV948 (see below)
- A letter of authorisation from Fleet Operators (including a lease/hire company). The letter must quote the document reference number from the V5C
***Unfortunately we cannot accept any documents or forms shown to us on phones***
For us to get your registration plates made, you may sometimes need to provide a third document if the two documents brought into the store do not show your address. For example, if you bring a debit card and V948 into the store, neither document shows where you live – so you’d need to bring in another listed document for proof of address.
Please note: These are legal guidelines imposed by the DVLA, and sadly we can’t provide you with new or replacement registration plates without the correct documents!
As of March 2015, the DVLA allows you to put your personalised number plate registration (PR) number on retention online. You can receive instant confirmation that your personalised number plate has been put on retention, and you’ll be told what the replacement registration number for the vehicle will be.
The DVLA also released an electronic version of the V948 certificate, called the eV948. You can download this certificate and present it along with your other paperwork to have your replacement plate made up.
Save yourself the hassle with our Number Plate Fitting Service
It’s easy to get number plates made, and we can also fit your new or replacement plates for you. Our number plates start from £10, and we fit your plate for £5.
Pre-booking for fitting may be required. To arrange a number plate fitting, please contact our friendly service team on 01926 836900. Fitting is subject to vehicle inspection.
Book for Number Plates
|Mon - Thur||08:30 – 17:45|
|Friday||08:30 – 17:30|
|Saturday||09:00 – 17:00|
|Sunday||11:00 - 15:00|
|Mon - Thur||08.30 – 17:45|
|Friday||08:30 – 17:30|
|Saturday||09:00 – 13:00|